Like Share Print
Determination, Opinion and Advisory Letter for Retirement Plans - Update a Plan
Laws change frequently and plans need to be updated and/or amended to comply with the most recent requirements.
Resources for Drafting or Modifying Plan Language
- List of Required Modifications (LRM)
Provide sample plan language for pre-approved plans and are helpful in drafting an individually designed plan. Although this language is not required, it may help to reconcile a plan’s language with what current law requires.
- Alert Guidelines, Explanations & Plan Deficiency Paragraphs
Useful worksheets, guidance and other resources for drafting plans.
- Cumulative List
Annual lists of guidance that may require amendments to your plan.
- Recurring Plan Issues Found in Determination Case Review
A list of common mistakes in plan language and tips on how to correct them.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Plan language issues for GUST and EGTRRA
- Staggered Remedial Amendment Period Revenue Procedure
Explains the system of remedial amendment cycles under section Code §401(b) for individually designed and pre-approved plans.
- Form 5300 Applications for Employee Stock Ownership Plans
Explains changed procedures for reviewing Form 5300 ESOP determination letter applications during cycles C-E and a worksheet to review ESOPs in their initial review stage. Plan sponsors and practitioners may use the worksheet as a tool to design ESOP plan documents.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
Guidance and Sample Plan Language for Section
409(p)Transfers for ESOPs.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 2013-04-16