Employee Plans Compliance Unit (EPCU)
The EPCU develops compliance projects and performs data analysis to focus on areas of potential non-compliance.
- Taxpayers are initially contacted by correspondence, but we may follow up with additional letters and/or telephone calls.
- Most issues are resolved without an on-site examination of the books and records of the plan, saving time and money for both the taxpayer and the IRS.
- To date, the EPCU has conducted over 30,000 compliance checks.
Contact us with questions about current or past projects, or with your ideas for future projects. Include your phone number and the best time to reach you. We cannot respond via email.
- Multiemployer Certification Compliance Project
Follow-up to those not submitting annual certifications
- Annual Multiemployer Actuarial Certification Can Now be Emailed or Faxed (March 4, 2014)
- Funding Deficiencies Project
If you file a return with a funding deficiency, you will hear from us.
EPCU Project Selection Committee
A Plan Sponsor's Responsibilities
Employee Plans Customer Account Services