Employee Plans Compliance Unit (EPCU)
The EPCU develops compliance projects and performs data analysis to focus on areas of potential non-compliance.
- Taxpayers are initially contacted by correspondence, but we may follow up with additional letters and/or telephone calls.
- Most issues are resolved without an on-site examination of the books and records of the plan, saving time and money for both the taxpayer and the IRS.
- To date, the EPCU has conducted over 30,000 compliance checks.
Contact us with questions about current or past projects, or your ideas for future projects. We regret that we cannot answer technical questions unrelated to compliance checks.
- Include your phone number and best time to reach you
- We cannot respond by e-mail or guarantee the security of any information submitted by e-mail
- Funding Deficiencies Project
If you file a return with a funding deficiency, you will hear from us.