Employee Plans Compliance Unit (EPCU)
The EPCU develops compliance projects and performs data analysis to focus on areas of potential non-compliance.
- Taxpayers are initially contacted by correspondence, but we may follow up with additional letters and/or telephone calls.
- Most issues are resolved without an on-site examination of the books and records of the plan, saving time and money for both the taxpayer and the IRS.
- To date, the EPCU has conducted over 30,000 compliance checks.
Contact us with questions about current or past projects, or your ideas for future projects.
- Include your phone number and best time to reach you
- We cannot respond by e-mail (including all e-mail tracking methods)
- The IRS cannot guarantee the security of any information submitted by e-mail
- Funding Deficiencies Project
If you file a return with a funding deficiency, you will hear from us.