Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
IRC 401(k) Plans - Additional Resources
Publications - IRS:
- Publication 560
Retirement Plans for Small Businesses (SEP, SIMPLE, and Qualified Plans)
- Publication 3998
Choosing a Retirement Solution for Your Small Business - An Overview of retirement plans available to small businesses.
- Publication 4118
Lots of Benefits - A discussion of the stages involved in the Retirement Plan Life Cycle.
- Publication 4222
401(k) Plans for Small Businesses
- Publication 4224
Retirement Plan Correction Programs - A brief description of the IRS, DOL and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) programs.
- Publication 4674, Automatic Enrollment 401(k) Plans for Small Businesses
Publications - DOL:
- Understanding Retirement Plan Fees And Expenses
- Reporting and Disclosure Guide for Employee Benefit Plans
- Troubleshooters Guide to Filing the ERISA Annual Report (Form 5500)
- Savings Incentive Match Plans for Employees of Small Employers (SIMPLE) - A Small Business Retirement Advantage
- Simplified Employee Pensions (SEPs) - What Small Businesses Need to Know
- For Employees...A Look at 401(k) Plan Fees
- What You Should Know about Your Retirement Plan
- Savings Fitness... A Guide To Your Money and Your Financial Future
- Top 10 Ways to Prepare for Retirement
- Women and Retirement Savings
- Retirement Plans FAQs Regarding Automatic Contribution Arrangements (Automatic Enrollment Arrangements)
- 401(k) Fix-It Guide
New tips on how to identify, correct and avoid common errors in 401(k) plans. Eleven common errors are noted as trends with tips for each error.
- 401(k) Checklist
It is important to review the requirements for operating your 401(k) plan every year. This checklist has been designed as a diagnostic tool to help you keep your 401(k) plan in compliance with important tax rules.
- Check-Up for Your 401(k) Plan
Three-step approach designed to help business owners properly operate their
ERISA Filing Acceptance System
- Cash or Deferred Arrangement (CODA) Listing of Required Modifications and Information Package
Listing of Required Modifications and Information Package for use with cash or deferred arrangements.
- Examination Guidelines - Cash or Deferred Arrangements (CODAs)
These guidelines provide guidance on cash or deferred arrangements (CODAs). These guidelines are for reference and use by EP personnel.
- Examination Guidelines - Employee and Matching Contributions Under IRC 401(m)
These guidelines provide guidance on employee and matching contributions under IRC 401(m). These guidelines are for reference and use by EP personnel.
- EP Customer Account Services
Contact us for answers to technical and procedural retirement plan questions.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 03-Jun-2014