IRC 403(b) Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plans – Guidance Affecting 403(b) Plans
Revenue Ruling 2011-7
Provides examples of how to terminate a 403(b) retirement plan and explains when distributions from the terminating plan are taxable.
Remedial amendment period to correct form defects in a 403(b) plan, retroactive to January 1, 2010, if the plan sponsor adopts a pre-approved 403(b) plan with a favorable opinion letter or applies for an individual determination letter when available.
Draft revenue procedure explaining the proposed 403(b) plan prototype program for issuing opinion letters and sample plan language for drafting 403(b) prototype plans.
Revenue Ruling 2009-18
Lists the guidance documents that the final 403(b) regulations have superseded or made obsolete in their entirety, with one noted partial exception.
Provides relief during 2009 for certain 403(b) plan sponsors from the requirement to adopt a written plan by January 1, 2009.
Revenue Procedure 2007-71
Contains model language that public schools may use to adopt or amend their 403(b) plans for the final 403(b) regulations requirements.
- Notice 2009-68 – sample 402(f) rollover notices that plans may provide to participants.
- Revenue Ruling 2009-30 – ways plans can include automatic contribution increases in employee salary deferrals.
- Proposed Regulations 115699-09 – outlines reduction or suspension of safe harbor nonelective contributions in safe harbor plans.
- Final Regulations on Automatic Contribution Arrangements – the rules on including an automatic enrollment feature in plans.
- Notice 2006-44 – Sample Amendment for Roth Elective Deferrals
- Final Regulations under Section 402A Relating to Designated Roth Accounts
- Final 415 Regulations
- Notice 2005-5 – provides guidance relating to automatic rollover provisions
- Notice 2007-7 – provides guidance in the form of questions and answers with respect to certain provisions of the Pension Protection Act of 2006