IRS Nationwide Tax Forums
Employee Plans and Exempt Organizations will participate in the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums in six cities starting in July. The forums are a major outreach event providing three packed days of seminars, workshops and an exhibit hall for the tax practitioner community. In addition to getting the latest tax information, tax professionals can earn continuing education credits for their attendance.
This year, EP will present two seminars. The first, “Grab the Money and Run? Retirement Plan Loans and Hardship Distributions,” will cover the tax rules governing loans and early distributions from retirement plans and IRAs, including:
- Limits on loan amounts
- Rules for getting a hardship distribution
- Early distributions from IRAs
- Additional taxes you may incur
- What to do when loans don’t go as planned
The second seminar, "2013 New Roth Conversion Opportunities and Other Retirement Curveballs,” will discuss how the decisions you make affect the long term tax advantages of your retirement distributions, including:
- Expanded opportunities for Roth conversions within your 401(k) plan
- Added value of a solo 401(k) plan
- Beneficiary designations? Getting it wrong may cost you
- Inheriting an IRA? Your decision will affect your tax bill
- Is a longevity annuity right for you?
- Delaying Social Security could lead to a more secure retirement
Continuing the success of Tax Forum presentations from previous years, EO will again present multiple sessions of its Exempt Organization Workshop. This year’s session will include a review of recent changes to the Form 990. In addition, the workshop will present several topics of interest to practitioners who work with exempt organizations.
The dates and locations of this year's forums are:
|IRS Nationwide Tax Forums 2013 Locations and Dates|
|Orlando, Fla.||July 9 - 11|
|Grapevine, Texas (Dallas)||July 30 - August 1|
|New Orleans, La.||August 13 - 15|
|Atlanta, Ga.||August 20 - 22|
|National Harbor, Md. (DC)||August 27 - 29|
|San Diego, Calif.||September 17 - 19|