Like Share Print
Individual Retirement Arrangements - Additional Resources
- Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
- Form 5305, Traditional Individual Retirement Trust Account
- Form 5305-A, Traditional Individual Retirement Custodial Account
- Form 5305-R, Roth Individual Retirement Trust Account
- Form 5305-RA, Roth Individual Retirement Custodial Account
- Form 5305-RB, Roth Individual Retirement Annuity Endorsement
- Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and other Tax-Favored Accounts
- Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information
- Form 8606 (Instructions), Nondeductible IRAs
- Form 8880, Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions
- Publication 3, Armed Forces' Tax Guide
- Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax
- Publication 554, Tax Guide for Seniors
- Publication 560, Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, SIMPLE and Qualified Plans)
- Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income
- Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Publication 939, General Rule for Pensions and Annuities
- Publication 3125, An Important Message For Taxpayers With IRAs - IRS does not approve IRA investments
- Publication 4118, Lots of Benefits - Retirement Plans Life Cycle
- Changes in Your Life May Affect Retirement Planning
- Managing Your IRA video
Overview of the basic principles of investing. (3:00 min.)
- How IRAs Help to Increase Your Retirement Savings video
Reasons for starting a retirement savings program.
- Cost-of-Living Adjustment Increases
Annual dollar limitations on benefits and contributions.
- Announcement 2011-81
Relief for IRA owners who have certain agreements with their brokers or financial institutions
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
- FAQs regarding Required Minimum Distributions
- Required Minimum Distribution Worksheets for IRAs
- Charitable Donations from IRAs
- Chart of required minimum distributions for IRA beneficiaries
- RMD Comparison Chart (IRAs vs. Defined Contribution Plans)
- Required Withdrawals From Your IRA (YouTube video, 1:31)
Department of Labor Resources
- DOL’s Employee Benefits Security Administration Consumer Information on Retirement Plans
- Taking The Mystery Out Of Retirement Planning
A guide to assist you in retirement planning.
- Top 10 Ways to Prepare for Retirement
Helpful hints to assist in your preparation for retirement.
- Savings Fitness: A Guide to Your Money and Your Financial Future
A guide to assist you in setting your financial and retirement goals.
- What You Should Know About Your Retirement Plan
An overview of the information a plan is required to disclose to employees and participants.
Other Agency Resources
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
A one-stop portal to Federal Government public websites.
- Social Security Administration
- Securities and Exchange Commission
Calculators for Investors
Official information and services from the U.S. government
- U.S. Financial Literacy and Education Commission
Providing financial education resources for all Americans
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 21-Feb-2014