Individual Retirement Arrangements - Additional Resources
- Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
- Form 5305, Traditional Individual Retirement Trust Account
- Form 5305-A, Traditional Individual Retirement Custodial Account
- Form 5305-R, Roth Individual Retirement Trust Account
- Form 5305-RA, Roth Individual Retirement Custodial Account
- Form 5305-RB, Roth Individual Retirement Annuity Endorsement
- Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and other Tax-Favored Accounts
- Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information
- Form 8606 (Instructions), Nondeductible IRAs
- Form 8880, Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions
- Publication 3, Armed Forces' Tax Guide
- Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax
- Publication 554, Tax Guide for Seniors
- Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income
- Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Publication 939, General Rule for Pensions and Annuities
- Publication 3125, An Important Message For Taxpayers With IRAs - IRS does not approve IRA investments
- Publication 4118, Lots of Benefits - Retirement Plans Life Cycle
"Managing Your IRA" video
Overview of the basic principles of investing. (3:00 min.)
“How IRAs Help to Increase Your Retirement Savings" video
Reasons for starting a retirement savings program.
Cost-of-Living Adjustment Increases
Annual dollar limitations on benefits and contributions.
Announcement 2011-81 - Relief for IRA owners who have certain agreements with their brokers or financial institutions
Department of Labor Resources
DOL’s Employee Benefits Security Administration Consumer Information on Retirement Plans
- Taking The Mystery Out Of Retirement Planning
A guide to assist you in retirement planning.
- Top 10 Ways to Prepare for Retirement
Helpful hints to assist in your preparation for retirement.
- Savings Fitness: A Guide to Your Money and Your Financial Future
A guide to assist you in setting your financial and retirement goals.
- What You Should Know About Your Retirement Plan
An overview of the information a plan is required to disclose to employees and participants.
Other Agency Resources
A one-stop portal to Federal Government public websites.
Securities and Exchange Commission
Calculators for Investors
Official information and services from the U.S. government
U.S. Financial Literacy and Education Commission
Providing financial education resources for all Americans