Resources - IRA-Based Plans
Retirement Plans Check-Up
Three-step approach designed to help business owners properly operate their retirement plans.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Proft-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
Form 5305A-SEP, Salary Reduction Simplified Employee Pension - Individual Retirement Accounts Contribution Agreement
Form 5305-SEP, Simplified Employee Pension - Individual Retirement Accounts Contribution Agreement
Form 5304-SIMPLE, Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees of Small Employers (SIMPLE) - Not for Use With a Designated Financial Institution
Form 5305-SIMPLE, Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees of Small Employers (SIMPLE) - for Use With a Designated Financial Institution
Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified (Including IRAs) and other Tax-Favored Accounts
Form 8880, Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions
Form 8881, Credit for Small Employer Pension Plan Startup Costs
Publications - IRS:
- Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax
- Publication 560, Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, SIMPLE, and Qualified Plans)
- Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income
- Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Publication 939, General Rule for Pensions and Annuities
- Publication 3066, Have you had your check-up this year? for Retirement Plans
- Publication 3998, Choosing a Retirement Solution for Your Small Business
- Publication 4118, Lots of Benefits - Retirement Plans Life Cycle
- Publication 4333, SEP Retirement Plans for Small Businesses
- Publication 4334, SIMPLE IRA Plans for Small Businesses
- Publication 4336, SARSEP for Small Businesses
- Publication 4407, SARSEP - Key Issues and Assistance
- Publication 4587, Payroll Deduction IRAs for Small Businesses
- Fix-It Guides - Common Problems, Real Solutions
Find, fix, and avoid common mistakes in plans.
- It is important to review the requirements for operating your retirement plan's operating requirements every year. IRS designed these checklists as a tool to help you keep your plan in compliance with important tax rules.
- Correcting Plan Errors
IRS correction programs that enable sponsors or retirement plans that have experienced compliance violations to preserve the tax benefits of their plans.
IR 2007-187 (11/09/2007) - Plan Now to Get Full Benefit of Saver’s Credit; Tax Break Helps Low- and Moderate-Income Workers Save for Retirement.
Cost-of-Living Adjustment Increases
Annual dollar limitations on benefits and contributions.
A Rollover Chart summarizing the rollover rules is provided as a general guide but should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional tax advice.
- Changes in Your Life May Affect Retirement Planning
- "Managing Your IRA" video
Overview of the basic principles of investing. (3:00 min.)
- "Why SEP or SIMPLE IRAs are Hassle-free Retirement Plans" video
A discussion on two types of retirement plans (SEP and SIMPLE IRA) that are tailored for many businesses
- “How IRAs Help to Increase Your Retirement Savings" video
Reasons for starting a retirement savings program.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
A one-stop portal to Federal Government public websites.
- Social Security Administration
- Securities and Exchange Commission
Calculators for Investors
Official information and services from the U.S. government
- U.S. Financial Literacy and Education Commission
Providing financial education resources for all Americans
- DOL's Employee Benefit Security Administration