Telephone Forum - TEB Arbitrage and Rebate Compliance
TEB Arbitrage and Rebate Compliance – Telephone Forum on May 17, 2012
Steven Chamberlin, Manager, Tax Exempt Bonds Compliance & Program Management, together with Tax Law Specialists Christopher Woodin and Antoine Zemor, and Revenue Agent Randal Webb provided a general discussion of the compliance rules related to arbitrage and rebate. The presentation included the following topics:
- An overview the arbitrage yield restriction and rebate compliance requirements.
- Filing requirements relating to arbitrage and rebate.
- The process for filing a claim to refund an overpayment of rebate.
- Self-correction options and the availability of the Voluntary Closing Agreement Program to resolve noncompliance with arbitrage compliance rules.
- Other related topics including anti-abuse rules as well as how the determination of issue price can impact arbitrage compliance.
A pdf version of a power point presentation is available here.
Questions may be submitted to: TaxExemptBondQuestions@irs.gov. Please put “Arbitrage and Rebate Compliance” in the subject line and include your question, a return email address, a contact person and telephone number.