Telephone Forum: What’s Special About Schedule K (Form990)
The presentation provided an overview of the Schedule K to the Form 990. Presenters gave a brief overview of the Form 990 and reviewed the Schedule K, working through the more complex parts of the form. The forum finished up with a discussion of the relationship between post issuance compliance monitoring and completion of the Schedule K.
- Tax Law Specialists B. Darrell Smelcer, Faye Dawkins and James Held, from the office of Tax Exempt Bonds, Compliance Program Management;
- Guidance Group Manager Stephen Clarke, from the IRS office of Exempt Organizations; and
- J. Sue Painter, from the Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Government Entities.
The presentation included the following topics:
- Background on Form 990 and Schedule K
- Helpful items and resources
- Detailed look at Schedule K
- The role of post-issuance compliance monitoring
A pdf version of a power point slide presentation covering the above topics is available here.