IRS Letters and Visits - Letter 4911
Note: The following is the text of Letter 4911, which the IRS sends to tax return preparers who are not compliant with their personal tax responsibilities.
This letter relates to the Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) issued to you. IRC Section 1.6109-2(f) authorizes the IRS to confirm your compliance with federal tax filing and payment requirements in connection with your PTIN application or renewal.
IRS records show you are not in compliance with your individual and/or business federal tax filing and/or payment obligations. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in escalation of your case and/or possible revocation of your PTIN.
What you need to do
- Take steps to become compliant with your federal tax obligations. This includes:
- If you have unfiled returns, file them
- If you have outstanding balances, pay the amount due or make arrangements to pay
- Call 1-800-829-1040 for more information about your federal tax compliance issues and to resolve these issues
- After you become compliant, continue to file and pay timely
- We will continue to monitor your account(s) to ensure compliance
- View IRS.gov, key words “filing late” or “paying late”
- For tax forms, instructions, and publications, visit IRS.gov or call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- Visit IRS.gov/ptin for information about the IRS’ tax return preparer program
- View Treasury Department Circular 230, which contains the regulations governing practice before the IRS, at IRS.gov/taxpros
- Keep this letter for your records
- If you believe you have received this letter in error, please contact us at the email address provided at the top of this letter