2013 IRSAC Report Made Available at Public Meeting
The Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) is holding its annual public meeting today in Washington, D.C., and will release its annual report that includes recommendations on a wide range of tax administration issues.
“Members of IRSAC devote significant amounts of their own time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding current issues of tax administration,” said Acting IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel. “We appreciate their important contribution.”
IRSAC is an advisory group to the entire agency. IRSAC’s primary purpose is to provide an organized public forum for senior IRS executives and representatives of the public to discuss relevant tax issues.
IRSAC draws its members from the tax professional community and members of academia. Based on its findings and discussions, IRSAC made several recommendations on a broad array of issues and concerns including:
- The IRS needs sufficient funding to operate efficiently, provide timely and useful guidance to taxpayers and enforce current Law, so that respect for our voluntary tax system is maintained
- The IRS should continue to expand voluntary correction programs to facilitate taxpayers self-reporting prior year non-compliance
- Reducing Processing time for Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative
- Review the Transcript Request Policy for the Practitioner Priority Service (PPS) Toll-Free Line
- Risk Assessing Large Taxpayers
- Schedule M-3, Net Operating (Loss) Reconciliation for Corporations with Total assets with $10 million or more
- Strategies to Increase use of On-line Payment Agreements
- Modifications to Notice CP2030
- Guidance to Practitioners regarding Professional Obligations
- Treasury Circular 230 Enrollment of Former Internal Revenue Service Employees
IRSAC is administered by the National Public Liaison Office of the IRS. Today’s meeting is being held at the Melrose Hotel, 2430 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC.
View the 2013 Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council Public Report online.