Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Tax Pro News and Events
Subscribe to e-News for Tax Professionals for weekly information for tax professionals.
Resources for Tax Preparers:
- Registered Tax Return Preparer Test Fee Refunds
The IRS is refunding the fees that return preparers paid for the Registered Tax Return Preparer Test.
- Annual Filing Season Program
This program aims to recognize the efforts of non-credentialed return preparers who aspire to a higher level of professionalism. Meet the requirements by obtaining 18 hours of continuing education, including a six hour federal tax law refresher course with test, and you will receive an Annual Filing Season Program – Record of Completion from the IRS.
- IRS Training and Communication Tools for Tax Professionals
Follow IRS on Twitter, attend a Tax Forum, and watch tax videos - learn about it here!
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)
The Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) is a resource that provides consistent answers to a limited number of tax law questions using a probe and response process. The ITA will guide you to accurate answers that are not readily addressed through simple Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- IRS Fights Fraud with New Direct Deposit Limits
IRS plans electronic refund limits into a single account or pre-paid debit card to help fight identity theft and to stop certain preparers who improperly claim fees.
- Some Suspended or Disbarred Tax Practitioners Are Now Permitted to Obtain a PTIN and Prepare Tax Returns
The Internal Revenue Service announced that some suspended or disbarred tax professionals are now permitted to obtain or renew preparer tax identification numbers (PTIN) and may prepare federal tax returns for compensation as a result of a recent court decision.
- Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals
Visit this resource center to learn how to re-establish your business after a natural disaster.
- Deceased Taxpayers – Probate, Filing Estate and Individual Returns, Paying Taxes Due
Information to help you resolve the final tax issues of a deceased taxpayer and their estate.
- Standard Mileage Rates
A summary of the optional standard mileage rates to be used in computing the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable, medical, or moving expense purposes.
- Third Party Reporting Information Center - Information Documents
Learn about information reporting requirements for merchant payment cards, cost basis reporting on securities sales and government payments.
- Why Pay Taxes? The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments responds to some of the more common frivolous "legal" arguments made by individuals and groups who oppose compliance with the federal tax laws.
- IRS Advisory Committees
General Information on the Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Exempt Entities (ACT), Art Advisory Panel, Electronic Tax Administration Advisory Committee (ETAAC), Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC), Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC), and Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP).
- 2014 IRSAC Report Made Available at Public Meeting
The Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) released its 2014 annual report. The IRSAC report includes recommendations on a wide range of tax administration issues.
- 2014 Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC) Public Report The Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee on October 29, 2014 issued its annual report for 2014, including numerous recommendations to the Commissioner of Internal Revenue on new and continuing issues in tax administration.
- Most Tax Return Preparers Must Use IRS e-file
As of January 1, 2012, any tax return preparer who anticipates preparing and filing 11 or more Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and 1041 during a calendar year must use IRS e-file.
- IRS Civil Penalties Virtual Mailbox
A resource for IRS External Stakeholders (tax professionals) to provide their suggestions and/or comments regarding improving administration of civil penalties.
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
FATCA will increase information reporting by foreign financial institutions, non-financial foreign entities, and certain U.S. persons holding financial assets outside the United States.
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative: Passive Foreign Income Company Investment Computations
Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative: Passive Foreign Income Company Investment Computations
- Section 7216 Information Center
Find information about Section 7216 including FAQs and revenue rulings.
- Valuation of Assets
Job Aid for IRS Valuation Professionals to assist in reviewing or developing business valuations.
- Collection Procedures for Taxpayers Filing and/or Paying Late
Links to helpful information for taxpayers who cannot file or pay by the due date.
- IRS Advancing E-file Study Key Messages
IRS Advancing E-file Study Key Messages
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009: Information Center
Some of the credits and other provisions, which either expired at the end of 2011 or were set to change or expire at the end of 2012, were extended by the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA).
- Real Time Tax Initiative
Learn about the Real Time Tax initiative that will focus on improving the taxpayer experience and improve overall tax compliance.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 09-Jul-2015