Like Share Print
Tax Pro News and Events
Subscribe to e-News for Tax Professionals for weekly information for tax professionals.
Resources for Tax Preparers:
- TAC Service Changes for the 2012 Filing Season
Beginning this year, IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers generally will not accept bulk returns for processing and mailing, particularly when it affects taxpayer service.
- Top Errors for Paid Preparers on Paper Return Submissions
The top errors for paid preparers on paper return submissions this filing season include not claiming the rate reduction credit when it applies, as well as claiming the credit incorrectly.
- Basic Tools for Tax Professionals
Check out the all new Basic Tools for Tax Professionals, the first link under Related Topics on the left navigation bar. We hope you will bookmark the page and come back often!
- Why Pay Taxes? The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments responds to some of the more common frivolous "legal" arguments made by individuals and groups who oppose compliance with the federal tax laws.
- It is Now Possible to e-file a Return with an ITIN/SSN Mismatch
- Electronic Payment Options
Electronic payment options are convenient, safe and secure methods for paying taxes. If there is a balance due, you can e-file the return and payment authorization in a single step
- Online Payment Agreement The Online Payment Agreement (OPA) allows eligible individuals to apply for an installment agreement to pay off their tax liability. To qualify, you must have your bill from the IRS and have filed all required tax returns. You must owe less than $50,000 and be able to pay the entire liability within 60 months. To use this application you must have filed a Power of Attorney for all taxes that are unpaid and have a copy of the taxpayer’s bill from the IRS.
- IRS e-file Made Easy - A Tax Professional's One-Stop e-file and e-Pay Shop
Your link to all things e-file and e-pay including e-Services. Designed as an easy to follow, one-stop resource center for IRS e-file and e-payment information. We've included everything you'll need to get started in IRS e-file as well as links to other valuable information for tax professionals.
- IRS Nationwide Tax Forums: Earn CPE credits at Tax Forums throughout the U.S.
- Nationwide Tax Forums Online: The NTFO site provides courses based on taped seminars from previous IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. NTFO courses may be taken for either CPE credit or audit.
- Practitioner Local Liaison Meetings and Seminars: The IRS Small Business/Self-Employed Stakeholder Liaison Office offers periodic local liaison meetings and seminars for the tax professional community.
- IRPAC and IRSAC General Information: Information on the Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee and the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council .
- Tax Practitioner Institute Classes: The Small Business and Self-Employed division of the Internal Revenue Service is pleased to announce the dates and locations of the Tax Practitioner Institutes.
- National Public Liaison Monthly Meetings: Find dates times and location of Liaison meetings for NPL and partnering tax professional organizations. The meetings are not open to the public and are by "invitation only".
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 04-Sep-2013