Modernized e-File (MeF) Assurance Testing System (ATS) Updates
The Modernized e-File ATS system is operational. ATS will open for testing on November 4, 2013 for tax returns that will be processed in 2014.
- ATS and Production Issues Call Log - (updated 11-20-2013)
|Tax Period||ATS Scenario Known Issues and Solutions||Comments|
|1120 Form Family||2013||1120 Known Issues||12-05-2013: 1120 Known Issues Updated|
|1065||2013||1065 Known Issues|
|1065B||2013||1065B Known Issues|
|1065 Aggregator||2013||1065 Aggregator Known Issues|
|2290||2014||2290 Known Issues||Scenarios are scheduled to post May/June 2014|
|720||2014 1st quarter||720 Known Issues|
|8849||2014||8849 Known Issues|
|1040 Form Family||2013||1040 Known Issues||11-26-2013: 1040 Known Issues & Scenario 4 Updated|
94x Form Family (2013)
94x Form Family (2014)
94x Known Issues (TY2014)
|1041||2013||1041 Known Issues||
12/04/2013: Known Issues for Scenario 1, 4 & 6 updated
|990 Form Family/1120POL||2013||990 Known Issues||11-08-2013: 990 Family Known Issues Updated|
|7004||2013||7004 Known Issues||11-04-2013: 7004 Known Issues Updated|
|8868||2013||8868 Known Issues|
|9465 Standalone only||Current Form||9465 Known Issues||
11-04-2013: 9465 Known Issues Updated
Can be included in testing for Forms 1040, 94x, 720 and 2290
- Publication 5078, Modernized e-File (MeF) Test Package, for MeF business submissions is now available. The information from MeF Business Return Test Publications 4162, 4205, 4505 and 4594 has been consolidated into Publication 5078.
- Publication 1436, Test Package for Electronic Filers of Individual Income Tax Returns for Tax Year 2013 is now available.
You can find all MeF Publications on the MeF User Guides and Publications page.
Distribution of Modernized e-File (MeF) New Web Service Definition Language (WSDLs) Posted 9/20/2013 at 11:00 a.m, Eastern
New WSDLs will be installed in the MeF test environment (ATS) on November 4, 2013. These new WSDLs will also be required for MeF Production when it reopens for Processing Year 2014, which is planned for January 6, 2014. Please note that starting November 4th you will be using the "la.alt" (https://la.alt.www4.irs.gov/a2a/mef ) URL for ATS and "la main" (https://la.www4.irs.gov/a2a/mef ) URL for Production environments.
If you would like to receive the new WSDLs please send an email to MeF Mailbox. The email request must include your company name and ETIN/EFIN. The required WSDLs will be sent to you as soon as it is verified that you are a valid software developer, transmitter or State user.
- Form 1040 - ATS Known Issues and Solutions (updated 01/11/2013)
- ATS, PATS and Production Call Log (removed 11/08/2013)
- Form 1040 - ATS Disabled Business Rules (updated 01/09/2013)
- BMF - ATS Known Issues and Solutions (updated 11/07/2012)
- Form 1040 - PATS Known Issues and Solutions (11/30/2012)
- TY2012 ATS scenarios are included in Publication 1436 (posted 11/15/2012)
ALERT (updated 12/23/2011).
- 12/22/2011 Business Rule IND-689 has been disabled in ATS on 12/22/2011 11:00am Eastern.
IND-689 The year of the 'PrimarySignatureDate' in the Return Header must be equal to the processing year.
12/23/2011 Business Rule R0000-904-01 has been disabled in ATS on 12/23/2011 10:00am Eastern.
R0000-904-01 Software ID in the Return Header must have passed testing for the form.
ATS Known Issues and Solutions TY 2011 (updated 12/27/2011)
ATS Disabled Business Rules (updated 01/24/2011)
ATS and Production Issues Log (removed 11/08/2013)
TY2011 ATS Scenarios are included in Publication 1436 (posted 10/25/2011)