Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Economic Stimulus Payments News and Legal Guidance
Updated Sept. 23, 2008
- IR-2008-114, October 15 Deadline Approaches for Retirees and Disabled Veterans
- IR-2008-109, October 15 Deadline Nears, Don't Let Stimulus Payment Pass You By
- IR-2008-103, People Can Avoid Common Errors that Delay Stimulus Payments
- IR-2008-91, IRS Sending Stimulus Payment Information to Retirees, Veterans
- IR-2008-80, IRS Launches Summer Push to Reach Retirees and Disabled Veterans Who Have Yet to File for Their Economic Stimulus Payments
- IR-2008-68, Relief for Stimulus Payments Withdrawn from IRAs and Tax-Favored Accounts
- IR-2008-66, Economic Stimulus Payments on the Way; Some People Will See Direct Deposit Payments Today
- IR-2008-65, Retirees, Disabled Vets Still Can File for 2008 Stimulus Payments
- IR-2008-58, IRS To Issue Guidance on Special 50-Percent Depreciation Allowance
- IR-2008-53, IRS Economic Stimulus Payment Information Now in Spanish
- IR-2008-51, Tips for Tax Filers on Economic Stimulus Payments
- IR-2008-48, Combat Pay Can Count Toward Economic Stimulus Payment Eligibility
- IR-2008-44, IRS Announces Economic Stimulus Payment Schedules, Provides Online Payment Calculator
- IR-2008-42, IRS Encourages Organizations on Outreach to Low-Income Individuals
- IR-2008-37, Special Economic Stimulus Payment Packages Go to Social Security, Veterans Recipients
- IR-2008-34, IRS Free File Now Available for Nonfilers Who Must File a Return to Receive Economic Stimulus Payment
- IR-2008-28, Special Economic Stimulus Letters Reach Mailboxes in March
- IR-2008-22, 2008 Economic Stimulus Act Provides Tax Benefits to Businesses
- IR-2008-21, More Information on Stimulus Payments Posted to IRS.gov; New Details for Recipients of Social Security, Veterans Benefits
- IR-2008-18, IRS Will Send Stimulus Payments Automatically Starting in May; Eligible Taxpayers Must File a 2007 Tax Return to Receive Rebate
- FS-2008-21, Business Provisions of the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008
- FS-2008-17, Low-Income Individuals with No Filing Obligations May Still Qualify for Economic Stimulus Payments
- FS-2008-16, Stimulus Payments: Instructions for Low-Income Workers and Recipients of Social Security and Certain Veterans’ Benefits
- FS-2008-15, Facts about the 2008 Stimulus Payments
- Video on YouTube — We’ve got some video and transcripts to view or read or that just might work on your Web site or in your tax report. The topics are: Taxpayers Who Normally Don't File, Beware of Rebate Scams and General Information for Taxpayers.
- Economic Stimulus Payments (mp3) Public Service Announcement
- Pagos del Estimulo Economico (mp3) Public Service Announcement
- Feb. 22, 2008: IRS Acting Commissioner Linda Stiff on 2008 Economic Stimulus Payments (mp3)
- Special edition tax tip, Don't miss out on your stimulus payment
- AT-2008-42, Volunteer Tax Return Preparation
- AT-2008-41, Free Tax Services
- AT-2008-21, Check Out Free File
- AT-2008-02, Should You File a Tax Return?
- Package 1040A-3 — Mailing to 20.5 million recipients of SSA and VA who did not file a tax return in 2006 and may be eligible for stimulus payment.
- Economic Stimulus Payment Notice (Notice 1377) — Mailing to 130 million taxpayers who filed a tax return in 2006 to explain eligiblity requirements for economic stimulus payments.
- Notice 2008-28 — Guidance for people not otherwise required to file a tax return.
- Revenue Procedure 2008-21 — Guidance related to the accuracy of tax returns filed by certain people under Notice 2008-28.
Return to Economic Stimulus Payment Information Center .
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 09-Jan-2014