Form 5558, Application for Extension of Time To File Certain Employee Plan Returns
File this form to apply for a one-time extension of time to file:
- Form 5500, Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan;
- Form 5500-SF, Short Form Annual Return/Report of Small Employee Benefit Plan;
- Form 5500-EZ, Annual Return of One-Participant (Owners and Their Spouses) Retirement Plan;
- Form 8955-SSA, Annual Registration Statement Identifying Separated Participants With Deferred Vested Benefits; or
- Form 5330, Return of Excise Taxes Related to Employee Benefit Plans.
Other Items You May Find Useful
Comment on Form 5558
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.