Form 941-X, Adjusted Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return or Claim for Refund
Use Form 941-X to correct errors on a Form 941 that you previously filed. Use Form 941-X to correct:
- Wages, tips, and other compensation;
- Income tax withheld from wages, tips, and other compensation;
- Taxable social security wages;
- Taxable social security tips;
- Taxable Medicare wages and tips;
- Advance earned income credit (EIC) payments made to employees;
- Credits for COBRA premium assistance payments;
- Credit for qualified employer's share of social security tax on wages/tips paid to qualified employees; and
- Exemption for qualified employer's share of social security tax on wages/tips paid to qualified employees.
Other Items You May Find Useful:
Publication 15 (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide
Publication 80 (Circular SS), Federal Tax Guide for Employers in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Form 941, Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return
Form 941-SS, Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return
Comment on Form 941-X
Caution: If you have a tax-related question, please go to Help With Tax Questions or call our toll-free number at 1-800-829-1040 (Individuals) or 1-800-829-4933 (Business). We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted from this page.
Although we cannot respond individually to each email, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider your comments as we revise our tax products.