Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request
If you receive any government payment shown below, you may use this form to ask the payer to withhold federal income tax.
- Unemployment compensation (including Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act (RUIA) payments),
- Social security benefits,
- Social security equivalent Tier 1 railroad retirement benefits,
- Commodity Credit Corporation loans, or
- Certain crop disaster payments under the Agricultural Act of 1949 or under Title II of the Disaster Assistance Act of 1988.
Other Items You May Find Useful:
Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Publication 915, Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits
Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals
Comment on Publication W-4V
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please visit Tax Law Questions or call our toll-free number at 1-800-829-1040 (Individuals) or 1-800-829-4933 (Business).