Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request
If you receive any government payment shown below, you may use Form W-4V to ask the payer to withhold federal income tax.
- Unemployment compensation (including Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act (RUIA) payments),
- Social security benefits,
- Social security equivalent Tier 1 railroad retirement benefits,
- Commodity Credit Corporation loans, or
- Certain crop disaster payments under the Agricultural Act of 1949 or under Title II of the Disaster Assistance Act of 1988.
Other Items You May Find Useful:
Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals
Comment on Publication W-4V
Caution: If you have a tax-related question, please go to Help With Tax Questions or call our toll-free number at 1-800-829-1040 (Individuals) or 1-800-829-4933 (Business). We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted from this page.
Although we cannot respond individually to each email, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider your comments as we revise our tax products.