Like Share Print
Free On-Line Electronic Tax Filing Agreement
- The Parties will coordinate with each other their respective marketing of these Free Services to provide uniformity and maximize public awareness. Final decisions on the marketing campaign will remain with the IRS for IRS marketing expenditures and with the Consortium and the Consortium Participants for their marketing expenditures.
- The IRS will not endorse specific offerings or products, but will promote the availability of the Consortium's Free Services.
- The Parties will work with the States to explore how this Agreement can support the states. On-line tax preparation and e-filing of both federal and state returns can maximize benefits of this Agreement to taxpayers.
- The Consortium understands that the IRS may continue to provide Consortium Participants or non-Participants Partners links from Government sites to electronic preparers and filers.
- Return to Table of Contents -
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 05-Feb-2014