Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Free On-Line Electronic Tax Filing Agreement
VII. Term of Agreement; Termination
- This Agreement has an initial term of three years from its effective date with automatic options to renew for successive two-year periods. Representatives from the Parties will meet semiannually to review operation of this Agreement. The Parties will review the terms of this Agreement on an annual basis, and, upon mutual consent, can agree in writing to modify any provision of this Agreement.
- Either Party may terminate this Agreement for cause if the other Party fails to comply with this Agreement, and such failure is not cured within thirty days of written notice of such failure from the other Party.
- The IRS may terminate this Agreement without cause, such termination to be effective 12 months after the date of notice of such termination.
- Should the IRS decide to offer Free Services to taxpayers the IRS shall notify the Consortium immediately. If the IRS gives such notice during the tax season (between January 1st and April 15th, or the last day of the filing deadline if that date is changed from April 15) of any year, the Consortium may, by written notice to the IRS, terminate this Agreement, effective on April 16th (or, if the filing deadline is changed from April 15, on the day following such new deadline) of that year. If the IRS gives such notice between April 16th (or, if the filing deadline is changed from April 15, on the day following such new deadline) and October 15th of any year, then the Consortium may, by written notice to the IRS other than during a tax season, terminate this Agreement, such termination to be effective no fewer than 30 days after the date of the Consortium's notice of such termination. If the IRS gives such notice between October 15 and December 31, the Consortium may by written notice immediately terminate this Agreement at any time on or before December 31.
- Return to Table of Contents -
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 05-Feb-2014