IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Haven't Filed a Tax Return in Years? - February 2010 - YouTube video text script

Here's a tip from the IRS

Hi I'm Michelle and I work for the Internal Revenue Service.

If you haven't filed a federal tax return in a few years, you probably think the IRS is the last place you want to go for help.

If this sounds like you or someone you know, we want to help you get back on track.

Because if you are due a refund, you only have three years to file and claim it.

Not only that, you may be entitled to tax credits that may result in a refund for you.

Remember, penalties for not filing only apply if you owe money.

And if you do owe tax, we have programs that make paying easier than you may think.

We can also help you file your tax return if it's overdue.

For more information, go to or call 1-800-TAX-1040.  That's 1-800-829-1040.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 25-Feb-2015