IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Help with Tax Questions

About This Service


This service ends on October 1, 2015.


There are several alternatives for getting tax information on our website. Our Interactive Tax Assistant tool takes you through a series of questions and gives you immediate responses to many tax law questions. The IRS Tax Map, Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for Individuals, and Tax Topics also give you instant access to a variety of tax information. Our Tools Web page has additional self-service options. International taxpayers can find answers on our FAQ page for international tax matters.


The last day you can submit a question is September 18, 2015. 


You can contact us by phone if you need help with a tax account issue (we'll need your name and Social Security number to resolve any issues). You can use the following phone numbers: 

  • 800-829-1040 for individuals (Form 1040 filers) 
  • 800-829-4933 for business callers
  • 267-941-1000 for international callers or overseas taxpayers. (Overseas taxpayers may also fax a tax question to 267-941-1055 or use our international contact address Web page.)
  • 800-829-1040 if you are in Guam, the Bahamas, U.S. Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 19-Sep-2015