Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Helpful resources: Publications, articles, YouTube videos and other identity theft related outreach
YouTube housed videos related to identity theft
- Are You a Victim of Identity Theft?: English | Spanish | ASL
- Protect Yourself From Identity Theft: English | Spanish | ASL
- Phishing-Malware: English | Spanish | ASL
- FS-2013-4, IRS Criminal Investigation efforts is available on IRS fact sheet
- FS-2013-3, Tips for Taxpayers, Victims about Identity Theft and Tax Returns
- FS-2013-2, IRS Combats Identity Theft and Refund Fraud on Many Fronts
- FS-2012-7, Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- FS-2008-09, Identity Theft E-mail Scams a Growing Problem
- Publication 4535, Identity Theft Protection and Victim Assistance
- Publication 4524, Security Awareness-Identity Theft Flyer
- Publication 4523, Beware of Phishing Schemes
- IR-2012-29 - Tax Scam Warning: Beware of Phony Refund Scheme Abusing Popular College Tax Credit; Senior Citizens, Working Families and Church Members Are Targets
- IR-2012-23 - IRS Releases the Dirty Dozen Tax Scams for 2012
- IR-2011-73 - IRS Urges Taxpayers to Avoid Becoming Victims of Tax Scams
- IR-2009-71 - IRS Alerts Public to New Identity Theft Scams
Additional IRS.gov resources
- IR-2013-17, IRS Intensifies National Crackdown on Identity Theft; Part of Wider Effort to Protect Taxpayers, Prevent Refund Fraud
- Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft: One-page guide for identity theft victims
- How to report and identify phishing, email scams and bogus IRS Web sites.
If you have tried to resolve a tax problem with the IRS and are still experiencing economic harm, you may be eligible for Taxpayer Advocate Service assistance.
- Internal Revenue Manual 10.5.3 (Identity Protection Program) - Procedural guidance on issues related to identity theft
If you do not prepare your own return, be careful in choosing your tax return preparer.
- Having trouble downloading or viewing a PDF?
Identity protection home page
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 08-Apr-2014