IRS Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities To Submit Recommendations at June Meeting
IR-2010-67, May 27, 2010
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service’s Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (ACT) will hold a public meeting on June 9 and submit its latest round of recommendations to the IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman and other senior executives.
The ACT provides an organized public forum for the IRS to receive regular input on exempt organization, employee plan, and government entity policy. The advisory committee consists of external stakeholders who are appointed by the Secretary of the Treasury.
Specifically, the ACT makes recommendations on operational policies and procedures regarding employee retirement plans, tax-exempt organizations, tax-exempt bonds and federal, state, local and Indian tribal governments. ACT members generally serve two-year terms.
Reports from five ACT subgroups cover the following topics:
- Employee Plans: Analysis and Recommendations Regarding the IRS’s Determination Letter Program
- Federal-State-Local Government Compliance Verification Checklist for Public Employers (Phase II)
- FICA Taxes in Indian Country and the Problem of Selective Incorporation in Administration of the Code
- The Implementation of Tribal Economic Development Bonds Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Tax Exempt Bonds: Improvements to the Voluntary Closing Agreement
- Program for Tax Exempt, Tax Credit and Direct Pay Bonds
- Exempt Organizations: Getting It Right: An Online Guide to Setting Executive Compensation for Charities
Last-minute agenda changes may preclude advance notice. Due to limited seating and security requirements, attendees should call Cynthia PhillipsGrady to confirm their attendance. She can be reached at (202) 283-9954 (not a toll-free number).
ACT’s public meeting will begin at 9 a.m. ET on June 9, 2010, at the IRS headquarters at 1111 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. ACT reports are available on IRS.gov.
Attendees are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before the meeting begins to allow sufficient time for security clearance. Picture identification must be presented. Please use the main entrance at 1111 Constitution Ave., NW, to enter the building.
Should you wish the ACT to consider a written statement, please call (202) 283-9966, or write to: Internal Revenue Service; 1111 Constitution Ave., NW; SE:T:CL-Penn Bldg; Washington, DC 20224, or e-mail Steve.J.Pyrek@irs.gov