Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Internal Revenue Code IRC 7623(a)
- Submissions that do not qualify under 7623(b) will be processed under section 7623(a).
- These cases will continue to be considered through regulations appearing at 26 CFR 301.7623-1.
- The award is at the discretion of the Service, there is no requirement that an award be issued.
- The discretionary award is based on additions to tax, penalties, and other amounts collected as a result of administrative or judicial action resulting from the information provided.
- No minimum statutory award percentage
- No appeal provisions
Informant Award (Whistleblower)
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 20-Feb-2015