Nine Cool Reasons to visit IRS.gov/Espanol this Summer
IRS Summertime Tax Tip 2011-17, August 12, 2011
Tax information can be difficult to understand in any language but it can be even more difficult if it is not in your first language. To assist Spanish-speaking taxpayers, the IRS provides a wide range of free products and services on its Spanish Language website IRS.gov/espanol.
Here are nine features “en Español” you can find this summer:
- Get answers 24 hours a day, seven days a week Whether you just arrived in the United States, have tax questions, are wondering how identity theft affects your taxes, or need a form, IRS.gov/espanol provides a wealth of information on these topics and much more. IRS.gov/espanol is accessible all day, every day for individuals and businesses.
- Get tax forms and publications You can view and download several tax forms and publications in Spanish directly from IRS.gov/espanol at any hour of the day or night.
- Find out all about electronic filing You can e-file your 2010 federal income tax return through October 17, 2011 from the comfort of your home. Available in English or Spanish, E-file is fast, easy and there are free options for everyone.
- Check the status of your tax refund Whether you chose direct deposit or asked the IRS to mail you a check, you can check the status of your refund through the online tool “¿Dónde está mi reembolso?” on our secure website.
- Find out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit EITC is a refundable tax credit for people who work but don’t earn much income. Find out if you are eligible by answering some questions and providing basic income information using the “Asistente EITC.”
- Get help in difficult financial times Events such as a job loss, debt forgiveness or tapping into a retirement fund can have a tax impact. Find answers to these questions and more in “Centro Tributario para Asistir a Contribuyentes Desempleados” or by typing the keyword’s “Qué pasa si” into the search box.
- Get updated information on tax laws that could affect you Recent tax law changes could significantly impact you or your business. Learn about the benefits provided by the Affordable Care Act provisions in “Noticias en Español.”
- Get up to date at the “Multimedia Center” Video tax tips and audio podcasts on various IRS topics can be found in English and in Spanish with keyword “Centro Multimediático.”
- Twitter @IRSenEspanol - Connect with IRS and all the newest information en español with social media through Twitter @IRSenEspanol.