IRS Logo

Other Items Related To Publication 516

Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
This publication discusses special tax rules for U.S. citizens and resident aliens who work abroad or who have income earned in foreign countries.

Publication 463, Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses
You should read this publication if you are an employee or a sole proprietor who has business-related travel, entertainment, gift, or transportation expenses.

Publication 514, Foreign Tax Credit for Individuals
This publication discusses the credit you may be able to take if you paid (accrued) taxes to a foreign country on foreign source income and you are subject to U.S. tax on that same income.

Publication 521, Moving Expenses
This publication explains the deduction of certain expenses of moving to a new home because you changed job locations or started a new job.

Publication 523, Selling Your Home
This publication explains the tax rules that apply when you sell your main home.

Schedule A (Form 1040), Itemized Deductions
Use Schedule A (Form 1040) to figure your itemized deductions. In most cases, your federal income tax will be less if you take the larger of your itemized deductions or your standard deduction.

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit
File Form 1116 to claim the foreign tax credit if: • You are an individual, estate, or trust, and • You paid or accrued certain foreign taxes to a foreign country or U.S. possession.

Form 2106, Employee Business Expenses
Use Form 2106 if you were an employee deducting ordinary and necessary expenses for your job.

Form 3903, Moving Expenses
Use Form 3903 to figure your moving expense deduction for a move related to the start of work at a new principal place of work (workplace). If the new workplace is outside the United States or its possessions, you must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien to deduct your expenses.

Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Use Form 4868 to apply for 6 more months (4 if “out of the country” and a U.S. citizen or resident) to file Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ, 1040-PR, or 1040-SS.

0112 Form TD F 90-22.1 (PDF)
Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 2012-08-04