IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Employer ID Numbers (EINs) can no longer be obtained by telephone.--21-May-2014

You can no longer apply for Employer ID Numbers (EINs) by telephone. If you do not have an EIN, you may apply for one online from the “Employer ID Numbers (EINs) Application.You may also apply for an EIN by faxing or mailing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, to the IRS.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 23-May-2014