Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP)
The Tax Forms Outlet Program offers tax products to the American public primarily through participating post offices and libraries.
Due to the increased use of electronic filing, new participation in the TFOP is based on review of current outlets and their locations. To participate, e-mail your request to WI.TFOP.Administrator@irs.gov.
The e-mail should contain:
- Organization's name
- Type of Organization (library, post office, government agency, etc.)
- Shipping Address (street - do not use a P.O. Box)
- Contact Person (name, telephone number and e-mail address)
A TFOP administrator will review and respond to your request in 2-3 weeks.
Taxpayers may obtain forms many ways. For more information read IRS Publication 4604 (EN/SP),Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information
Refer your patrons to Latest IRS News for the latest news releases about the tax filing season.
Additional TFOP information and updates:
- TFOP News and Updates
- Latest TFOP news
- Tax product alerts and other information
You can only order products listed on the order form. Please refer customers needing other products to www.IRS.gov Forms & Pubs page (Order Products), or 1-800-829-3676.
IRS Español Page - www.irs.gov/espanol
You can download and print:
Pub 4596 IRS Tax Products Referral Poster, - refers customers to other locations to obtain tax products.
Pub 3366A IRS Tax Forms-Photocopies Available Here, -advertises the availability of federal tax forms for photocopying at this location.
TFOP Order Forms
- Partners distributing tax products use Form 8635, Order for TFOP Partners, to order
- Partners providing reproducible copies of tax products use Form 12815, Order for Tax Forms Outlet Program Reproducible Publications, to order
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to complete the order form. E-mail the completed form to email@example.com . We will only accept emailed orders.
Don't share your order form with other branches or organizations. Sharing an order form will cause account changes and may delay product shipments (See information above on how to request a TFOP account).
Update contact and shipping information. The order form contains information for a specific customer. Partners should update their account information immediately when changes occur.
- Update the information when submitting an order form
- Use Form 14368, Contact Information Update, emailed annually from the TFOP Administrator
- E-mail updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are updating an organization's name, include the old and new names in your e-mail
- Receive an annual e-mail containing the form
- Verify/update contact and shipping information
- Select quantities for each tax product needed*
- Save the completed order form to their computer
- E-mail the completed order form to email@example.com for processing
*To complete the order form, refer to the order form instructions.
Change or Cancel an Order:
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Include the TFOP account number, telephone number, the date and approximate time the order was placed, and action to be taken.
Any order placed after the initial order is considered a reorder. Use your order form to submit a reorder. E-mail email@example.com if you need a replacement order form. Include the TFOP account number and daytime telephone number.
No Longer Want to Participate?
If you no longer want to participate in the program:
- Check the (Remove my account from the program) box located at the top of Form 8635
- Save and e-mail the Form 8635 to firstname.lastname@example.org