Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP)
The Tax Forms Outlet Program TFOP offers tax products to the American public primarily through participating post offices and libraries.
Due to the increased use of electronic filing, new participation in the TFOP is based on review of current outlets and their locations. To participate in the TFOP, email your request to WI.TFOP.Administrator@irs.gov.
Include the following information:
- Organization's name
- Type of Organization (library, post office, government agency, etc...)
- Shipping Address (street - do not use a P.O. Box)
- Contact Person (name, telephone number and email address).
A TFOP administrator will review the request, research the need for a TFOP outlet at your location and provide a response. Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive your response.
Taxpayers may obtain forms many ways. For more information see IRS Publication 2053A, Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help and Tax Products and Publication 4604 (EN/SP),Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information
Refer your patrons to Latest IRS News for the latest news releases to the tax filing season.
Additional TFOP information and updates:
- TFOP News and Updates
- Latest TFOP news
- Tax product alerts and other information
TFOP only accepts orders for the federal tax products listed on its order form. Please refer customers to www.IRS.gov Forms & Pubs page (Order Products), or call 1-800-829-3676.
IRS Español Page - www.irs.gov/espanol
Download and Print -Pub 4596 IRS Tax Products Referral Poster, - use to refer patrons to alternate locations to obtain tax products.
Download and Print - Pub 3366A IRS Tax Forms-Photocopies Available Here, -advertises the availability of federal tax forms for photocopying at this location.
TFOP Order Forms
- Form 8635, Order for TFOP Partners. Designated partners use Form 8635 to order IRS tax forms, instructions and publications for their respective patrons.
- Form 12815, Order for Tax Forms Outlet Program Reproducible Publications, is used by selected community partners to order only Publication 3194 and/or Publication 1132.
Update contact and shipping information. The order form format is a Portable Document Format PDF and includes pre-loaded contact information. Partners should update their account information immediately when changes occur.
- Update the information when submitting an order form
- Use a Form 14368, Contact Information Update, emailed annually from the TFOP Administrator
- Email all updates to email@example.com also email this address to change an organization name. Include the old and new name.
Partners must not share an order form with other branches or organizations. Doing so may cause errors in account changes and shipment routing. Refer request for a TFOP account to the TFOP Administrator.
To complete the order form, please refer to the order form instructions.
- Receive an email annually that has the order form attached
- Should verify/update contact and shipping information
- Select quantities for each tax product needed
- Save the completed order form to their computer.
- Email the completed order form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Change or Cancel an Order:
Contact email@example.com within 24 hours of submitting that order. Include the TFOP account number, telephone number, the date and approximate time the order was placed.
Any order placed after the initial order is considered a reorder. Use your order form to submit a reorder. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a replacement order form. Include the TFOP account number and daytime telephone number.
No Longer Want to Participate?
If you no longer want to participate in the program, please contact the TFOP administrator at email@example.com or leave a message at 1-800-829-2765 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Please include your account number and contact information.