IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Tax Forms Related to Publication 17

Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals
Use this package to figure and pay your estimated tax.

Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Annual income tax return filed by citizens or residents of the United States.

Form 1040A, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Annual income tax return filed by citizens and residents of the United States.

Form 1040EZ, Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Income tax return filed by certain citizens or residents of the United States.

Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Used by individual taxpayers to amend prior year tax returns.

Form 2106, Employee Business Expenses
Use this form if you are an employee deducting ordinary and necessary expenses for your job.

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts
Use this form to see if you owe a penalty for underpaying your estimated tax and, if you do, to figure the amount of the penalty.

Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses
If you paid someone to care for your child (under age 13) or other qualifying person so you (and your spouse if filing jointly) could work or look for work, you may be able to take the credit for child and dependent care expenses.

Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative
Use Form 2848 to authorize an individual to represent you before the IRS. The individual you authorize must be a person eligible to practice before the IRS.

Form 3903, Moving Expenses
Use Form 3903 to figure your moving expense deduction for a move related to the start of work at a new principal place of work (workplace). If the new workplace is outside the United States or its possessions, you must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien to deduct your expenses.

Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization
Use Form 4562 to claim your deduction for depreciation and amortization, make the election under section 179 to expense certain property, and provide information on the business/investment use of automobiles and other listed property.

Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
A U.S. citizen or resident files this form to request an automatic extension of time to file a U.S. individual income tax return.

Form 4952, Investment Interest Expense Deduction
Use this form to figure the amount of investment interest expense you can deduct for the current year and the amount you can carry forward to future years.

Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
Use Form 5329 to report additional taxes on IRAs, other qualified retirement plans, modified endowment contracts, Coverdell ESAs, QTPs, Archer MSAs, or HSAs.

Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax - Individuals
Use this form to figure the amount, if any, of your alternative minimum tax (AMT).

Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions
Individuals, partnerships, and corporations file this form to report information about noncash charitable contributions when the amount of their deduction for all noncash gifts is more than $500.

Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Noncorporate taxpayers use this form to figure the amount of any passive activity loss (PAL) for the current tax year.

Form 8606, Nondeductible IRAs
Use this form to report nondeductible contributions you made to traditional IRAs; distributions from traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRAs, if you have ever made nondeductible contributions to traditional IRAs; conversions from traditional, SEP, or SIMPLE IRAs to Roth IRAs; and distributions from Roth IRAs

Schedule 8812 (Form 1040A or 1040), Child Tax Credit
Use Part I of this schedule to document that any child for whom you entered an ITIN and for whom you also checked the "if qualifying child for child tax credit" box, is a resident of the United States because the child meets the substantial presence test and is not otherwise treated as a nonresident alien. Use Parts II–IV of Schedule 8812 to figure the additional child tax credit.

Form 8822, Change of Address
Use this form to notify the Internal Revenue Service of a change to your home mailing address.

Form 8829, Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
Use this form to figure the allowable expenses for business use of your home on Schedule C (Form 1040) and any carryover to next year of amounts not deductible this year.

Form 8863, Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits)
Use this form to figure and claim your education credits, which are based on qualified education expenses paid to an eligible postsecondary educational institution.

Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request
Use form to request a monthly installment plan if you cannot pay the full amount you owe shown on your tax return (or on a notice we sent you).

Formulario 2848(SP), Poder Legal y Declaración del Representante
Use el Formulario 2848(SP) para autorizar a una persona para que lo represente ante el IRS. La persona que autoriza debe ser una persona con derecho a ejercer ante el IRS. Usted puede autorizar a un estudiante que trabaja en un Taller Calificado de Asistencia Tributaria para Contribuyentes de Bajos Recursos, (QLITC,por sus siglas en inglés) o el Programa de Talleres de Asistencia Tributaria para Estudiantes (STCP, por sus siglas en inglés) para que lo represente bajo una orden especial emitida por la Oficina de Responsabilidad Profesional. En su calidad de representante calificado, esa persona tendrá el derecho de recibir e inspeccionar la información tributaria confidencial de usted.

Formulario 9465(SP), Solicitud para un Plan de Pagos a Plazos
Utilice el Formulario 9465(SP) (o el Formulario 9465, en inglés) para solicitar un plan mensual de pagos a plazos si usted no puede pagar en su totalidad la cantidad que adeude, tal como se indica en su declaración de impuestos (o en una notificación que le enviamos anteriormente). La mayoría de planes de pago a plazos cumplen nuestros criterios para planes simplificados. El termino máximo para un plan de pagos simplificado es de 72 meses. En ciertas circunstancias, podría tener aún más tiempo para pagar el saldo, o su plan de pagos a plazos podría ser aprobado por una cantidad menor a la cantidad de impuestos que adeude. Sin embargo, antes de solicitar un plan de pagos a plazos, se le aconseja que considere otras alternativas menos costosas, tal como un préstamo bancario o pago con tarjeta de crédito.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 26-Aug-2014