- Security Summit: Don't Take the Bait
IRS kicks-off series warning tax professionals to increase computer security and beware of phishing scams.
- Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts
Check the most recent IRS alerts on tax scams.
- Taxes. Security. Together. We all have a role to play in protecting your data.
The IRS, the states and the tax industry work together to protect your tax accounts.
- Is it really the IRS calling?
Understand how and when the IRS contacts taxpayers and determine if it’s truly the IRS.
- Private Debt Collection
Even with private debt collection, you shouldn’t receive unexpected calls. IRS mails several notices before calling.
- View your account balance
Check your account balance. If nothing is due, you typically wouldn’t be contacted by IRS or a private firm.
- Now accepting ITIN renewals
ITINs not used in three years and those with middle digits 70, 71, 72 or 80 will expire.
- Se aceptan ya renovaciones de ITIN
Los ITIN sin uso en tres años y aquellos con 70, 71, 72 y 80 en medio están por expirar.
- ITIN renewal
How and when to renew your ITIN and how to get help.
- Tax information for student financial aid applications
The IRS DRT will return to the FAFSA online form in October. If you didn't keep a copy of your return, here are some options.
- Statement: IRS Data Retrieval Tool
Now available for income-driven repayment plan applications with new encryption protections.
- Order a Tax Return Transcript
Request a transcript or copy of a prior year tax return.
- EO Select Check
You can check information about the federal tax status and filings of an exempt organization.
- Annual reporting & filing
Charities and other non-profits can find 990-series forms, requirements and filing tips.
- Charities and non-profits
Tax information for charities and other non-profits.