- Taxes. Security. Together.
IRS, the states and the tax industry come together to help protect taxpayer data.
- New steps to help the public protect their data
Tips, products aim to educate taxpayers on how to protect their data online and at home.
- Preventing Identity Theft: Tax Tip #1
Special series of practical ways to avoid ID Theft and Refund Fraud.
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
Explore your rights and the IRS's obligations to protect them.
- IRS Commissioner at Taxpayer Rights Conference
Affirms that “Taxpayer rights… support everything we do as tax administrators.”
- Los Derechos del Contribuyente
Infórmese acerca de sus derechos y sobre la obligación del IRS de protegerlos.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment
Individuals – Enroll now through Jan. 31, 2016, and make sure to keep these tax issues in mind.
- ACA Info Center for Applicable Large Employers
Employers - the center is the first stop to get the information you need about the ACA.
- Applicable Large Employers must report info
Large employers – find out the who, what, when, where and how to report health coverage.
- Use care when choosing a tax preparer
Follow these tips on when and how to find the best tax professional for you.
- Take your minimum retirement plan distribution
Most retirees must take a minimum distribution from their IRA or workplace plan by Dec. 31.
- Check your withholding
Use the Withholding Calculator to make sure you have the right amount of tax withheld.
- Update on the “Get Transcripts" incident
An IRS review of filing season 2015 has provided more information.
- Questions and Answers on Get Transcript
Q&As explain the online tool and steps the IRS is taking to protect taxpayers.
- Aplicación “Ordenar Transcripción”
Lea nuestra declaración sobre la aplicación Ordenar Transcripción en línea.