Webinars for Tax Practitioners
Currently, there are no national webinars scheduled.
EITC Due Diligence - December 8, 2015
IRS Resources at Your Fingertips - December 10, 2015
EITC Due Diligence
This FREE 1-hour broadcast is for tax professionals.
- Identify the EITC due diligence requirements
- Determine when a paid preparer should complete and submit Form 8867
- Recognize how some Schedule C filers fraudulently try to maximize their EITC
Plus a live Q&A with IRS Subject Matter Experts. Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn 1 CE credit – Federal Tax
Registration: Visit the IRS Webinar Registration website. Questions: Contact the Stakeholder Liaison Western Area email: SL.Western@irs,gov
Sponsored By: IRS Stakeholder Liaison – Western Area
Date: December 8, 2015
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Pacific); 9:00 a.m. (Hawaii Time)
IRS Resources at Your Fingertips
Due to decreased staff and increasing hold time on the Taxpayer Assistance lines, this webinar will educate tax professionals how to effectively utilize and navigate IRS.gov resources. This will reduce burden on the practitioners by not being on hold for extended periods of time. Join us for an overview of the numerous IRS resources and online tools that are available on IRS.gov, as well as a very brief update on the Affordable Care Act. Tax Professionals - Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn up to 2 CE credits – Federal Tax.
PTIN Holders: In order to get your CE reported to the IRS, ensure that your first name, last name and PTIN match your account. Your PTIN must begin with the letter P followed by 8 numeric characters. If your name and PTIN are incorrectly entered, you may still receive a certificate but your credit will not be reported to the IRS.
You will now be receiving your confirmation and reminder e-mails from: webcaster4.com. Please check your inbox, as well as your "Junk" or "Spam" box for messages about the webinar.
Do you require real time closed captioning? If so, 72 hours advance notice is required. For viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing, closed captioning displays the words that describe the audio portion of this program. Captions are available in English only. Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Registration: Visit the IRS Webinar Registration website. Questions: Call Joan Jeselun at 414-231-2156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: December 10, 2015
Time: 11:00 Eastern; 10:00 Central; 9:00 Mountain; 8:00 Pacific
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video Portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately. Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.