IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Exempt Organizations Annual Reporting Requirements - Annual Electronic Notice (Form 990-N): Another Organization Filed Using Same EIN

What should I do if another organization filed an e-Postcard using my organization’s employer identification number?

If you cannot file your e-Postcard because another organization used your employer identification number (EIN), you must contact IRS Customer Account Services at 1-877-829-5500 (a toll-free number) and explain the situation. In most instances, you will be able to file your e-Postcard using your EIN, and IRS will notify the other organization of its error. This situation sometimes occurs when a subordinate organization inadvertently uses the EIN of a related organization or the parent organization.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 08-Jan-2015