IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #21 Answer-How do we know if an employee is legal to work in the U.S.?

You must verify that each new employee is legally eligible to work in the United States. Both you and the employee must complete the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You may get the form from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and selecting "Immigration Forms, Fees, and Fingerprints" or by calling 1-800-870-3676. Additional information about your responsibilities is also available at that site.

Return to List of FAQs

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 14-Apr-2015