Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
1099-DIV Dividend Income
Question: How do I report this Form 1099-DIV I received from my mutual fund?
- Enter the ordinary dividends from Form 1099-DIV, Dividends and Distributions, box 1a, on line 9a of Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
- Enter any qualified dividends from Form 1099-DIV, box 1b, on line 9b of Form 1040.
- If you have an amount entered in other boxes of your Form 1099-DIV, refer to the Instructions for Recipient of Form 1099-DIV that are attached to your form and the Instructions for Schedule D to see where to report them.
- If your only capital gains and losses are from capital gain distributions, refer to the Instructions for Form 1040.
- If you had over $1,500 of ordinary dividends, you must file Schedule B (Form 1040A or 1040), Interest and Ordinary Dividends.
Category: Interest, Dividends, Other Types of Income
Subcategory: 1099-DIV Dividend Income