IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Tax Trails - Can I File an Injured Spouse Claim?

If you have not filed your joint return, complete Form 8379 (.pdf) following the Instructions for Form 8379 (.pdf), and attach it behind your original return in the order of the attachment sequence number. Enter "Injured Spouse" in the upper left corner of the first page of the Form 1040 (.pdf), Form 1040A (.pdf), or Form 1040EZ (.pdf). Allow up to 11 weeks for electronically filed returns and up to 14 weeks for paper return processing time.

Start Over      Main Menu   

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 01-Jan-2015