IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Update Your PTIN Account Information

PTIN holders with an online account can update most information online. After logging into the account:

Select "Manage PTIN Account Information" to update:

  • Personal mailing address
  • Personal phone number
  • Business name
  • Business website address
  • Business phone number
  • Business mailing address

Select "View or Edit Account Login Information" to update:

  • Email address

To update Professional Credentials

To change your Name

Name change requests must be submitted in writing along with a copy of documentation supporting the change. (Acceptable documents are listed below.) You have the option of sending it online through your online PTIN account or mailing it.

To submit a request online, go to the main menu and under the ‘Manage My PTIN Account’ section select ‘Upload a Document’ from the drop down menu. Follow the online prompts to upload your name change request along with the required supporting documents. 

Your request must include the following information and the required supporting documents.

    • Preparer's name and PTIN
    • Clear statement of action needed
    • Signed and dated by the preparer 

Submit online or mail to:

IRS Tax Professional PTIN Processing Center
104 Brookeridge Drive #5000
Waterloo, IA 50702

We cannot accept faxes or make a change to your name over the phone. Please allow 4-6 weeks for a response.

We will accept the following supporting documents:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Court ordered legal name change
  • Certificate of naturalization
  • Certificate of citizenship
  • Social Security card
  • Government issued photo identification



Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 18-Sep-2015