The requiring activity prepares the task order request package (TORP). A TORP shall be provided to the TIPSS-4 customers. At a minimum, the TORP should contain the following:
• Statement of Work, Performance Work Statement or Statement of Objectives – The requiring activity may select from three types of work statements, depending on their specific requirements. However, performance-based orders must be used to the maximum extent possible, as required by FAR 37.102.
• Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) – The IGCE shall be developed by the customer and submitted to the CO as part of the TORP and will assist the CO in determining the reasonableness of a contractor’s cost or price and technical proposals. The IGCE is for GOVERNMENT USE ONLY and should not be made available to or obtained from TIPSS-4 contractors. The CO will determine if there are instances in which the IGCE is released to the contractors; and if determined to be done, it must be released to all contractors.
• Request for Funding/Requisition – TIPSS TOs are funded by the requiring activity. The document that will describe the required services or incidental supplies, the fund citation, and the amount of the funding. Funding approval is tracked through WebRTS. Requisition should reflect IGCE amount.
• Streamlined Acquisition Plan – The acquiring activity shall complete the acquisition plan and submit it to the CO as part of the TORP.
• Technical Evaluation Plan – The acquiring activity shall complete the technical evaluation plan and submit it to the CO as part of the TORP.
• Section 508 (if applicable) - The acquiring activity shall complete and obtain approvals and submit it to the CO as part of the TORP.
• Contractor Housing Justification (if applicable) – The acquiring activity shall complete and obtain approvals and submit it to the CO as part of the TORP.
The CO and COTR will provide guidance and samples/templates to the acquiring activity. Each requirement is unique and will be assembled to fit the need of the acquiring activity. Additional documents may be requested to complete the task order package.