Appeal a rejected Offer in Compromise (OIC) - Online Self-Help Tool (6)

1st - Decide if you should dispute this item.

To determine the amount in dispute you will need (1) your Form 433-A, (2) the IET (Income/Expense Table) Worksheet sent to you with the rejection letter.

Follow these steps

  1. Identify the amount you used for income from wages, interest, dividends, pension, social security, child support and other income on page 4 of your Form 433-A.
  2. Identify the amount shown for these items on theIET Worksheet.
  3. Compare these amounts:  If the amounts from the IET worksheet for these income items are GREATER than the amount from the Form 433-A for any item, then you may have a disputed item and may consider filing a request for an appeal. You will need to present documents to support your actual income.

Note: This self-help tool is not designed for individuals with business or rental income.

  2nd - Do you need help in identifying the documents supporting your item(s) in dispute?


3rd - Do you want assistance in identifying other disagreed items?


For telephone assistance or more information on "Preparing a Request for Appeal" go back to the beginning.