Innocent Spouse - Online Self-Help Tool (8)

If you believe the letter is incorrect because the income is not yours, then you may request an appeal.

Sometimes all that is necessary is more information or details about your situation. Use Form 12509, Statement of Disagreement, to provide a more detailed explanation.  Please complete Form 12509 to request your appeal within the timeframe specified on the letter you received. 

Do you need help identifying information to prepare your appeal?