FATCA Online Registration System and FFI List Search and Download Tool Enhancements
FATCA Online Registration System
New features were added to the FATCA Online Registration System in November 2015.
- New account options to allow certain financial institutions (FI) to change their FI Type, or member FIs to transfer to another expanded affiliated group (EAG), without having to cancel their current agreement and re-register. Learn more
- New account options to allow FIs to update their registration information without having to always begin with Question 1.
- A new account option to download all registration tables from a single location.
A new feature to allow sponsoring entity FIs to add sponsored entities and sponsored subsidiary branches to their FATCA account either individually, or by submitting a file containing multiple records. Learn more
- The updated GIIN Composition Information includes GIIN format for sponsored entities and sponsored subsidiary branches.
Addition of new registration questions:
- Question 3B – country/jurisdiction tax ID
- Questions 13A and 13B – information on common parent entity
- Updated country/jurisdiction list. Learn more
FFI List Search and Download Tool
New features were added to the FFI List Search and Download Tool in November 2015.
- Additional sponsored entities and sponsored subsidiary branches on the published FFI list
- Updated financial institution names for branches, which includes the financial institution’s name under which the branch is listed
- Inclusion of two or more valid GIINs for the same financial institution for a short period of time, as a result of FATCA Registration account updates. Learn more
- Updated FFI List schema and test files, which includes sponsored entities and sponsored subsidiary branches