Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Abusive Offshore Tax Avoidance Schemes - Law and Arguments (Section II)

Taxation and the Source of Income

IRC §§ 861 through 999 (Subchapter N) address the taxation of income from sources inside and outside the United States providing the details necessary to determine the source of the income and the appropriate tax rate to apply (depending on the character of the income). The general rule for foreign persons is that income connected with the conduct of a U.S. trade or business (commonly referred to as Effectively Connected Income) is subject to U.S. tax using the same graduated rates that apply to U.S. persons. In contrast, income items of foreign persons that are fixed or determinable annually or periodically are generally taxed at a fixed rate of 30% (or the applicable treaty rate).

Rate the Small Business and Self-Employed Website