Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Deceased Taxpayers – International Estate Transfer Certificate

When tax due resulting from the filing of Form 706-NA is paid, the estate administrator may request a Transfer Certificate so that the decedent’s property may be transferred without liability. Transfer Certificates are releases of the Federal estate tax lien on a decedent's property. Additional information concerning filing of the Form 706-NA is available in the instructions to the form.

If you need assistance with a request for a transfer tax certificate in connection with a filed international estate tax return, you may send your requests, along with the first two pages of the Form 706-NA, United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return, (if it is a copy of the filed return please notate COPY on the first page) to:

Internal Revenue Service Center
Attn: Estate and Gift Tax 
Cincinnati, OH 45999 

See also Transfer Certificate Filing Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens.

Rate the Small Business and Self-Employed Website