Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

FAQs for Disaster Victims - Copies of Tax Returns

(03/09) Q: How does a taxpayer or return preparer obtain an expedited copy of a tax return or tax return transcript?

A: Copies of tax returns – You can use Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return (PDF) to order a copy of your tax return. Generally, there is a $50 fee for requesting each copy of a tax return. If your main home, principal place of business, or tax records are located in a federally declared disaster area, the fee will be waived if the name of the disaster (for example, “Midwestern Disaster Area”) is written in red across the top of the Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return (PDF) when filed.

Transcript of tax return - The IRS will provide disaster victims or their return preparer with an expedited tax return transcript free of charge. Expedited services are available to taxpayers or their authorized representative who call the IRS Disaster Assistance Hotline at (866) 562-5227. Also, Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return (PDF), may be faxed or mailed to the appropriate IRS Campus found in the instructions. If mailed, the appropriate disaster information, such as “Midwestern Disaster Area,” should be written in red across the top of the form.  For tax professionals who are registered for E-Services, this is the most expedient and efficient method for obtaining the tax return transcript for their client.

Rate the Small Business and Self-Employed Website