If you need a business registration number from one of the states listed on this page, all you need to do is click on one of the links below. You will leave the IRS website and enter the state website.
If you are from one of these states and you also want to get a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), you may obtain both your state and federal information in one session. Here’s how it works!
- Click on the link below to access your state’s website.
- Provide the requested information in the state application.
- You’ll then be directed to the IRS website’s online EIN application.
- Provide any additional information necessary to assign your EIN.
- Close the IRS website’s browser after obtaining your EIN.
- Enter your new EIN in the state application.
Important Information about the Online EIN Application
The online EIN application is available for all entities whose principal business, office or agency, or legal residence (in the case of an individual), is located in the United States or U.S. Territories. The principal officer, general partner, grantor, owner, trustor, etc., must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) in order to use the online application.
If you are a third party, you must retain on file a completed copy of the Form SS-4 signed by the customer, and the signed statement authorizing you to file the online application.
Need to Know More?
If you have any questions about the state website, please access the state website link below for more information. If you have questions about obtaining your federal EIN, access Employer ID Numbers (EINs)for more information.