Release Memo June 6, 2016
MeF Exempt Organization Stakeholders:
We have posted Schemas and Business Rules for the EO forms to IRS.GOV for Tax Years 2016, 2015, and 2014 (Processing Year 2017).
Tax Year 2016 Schema Versions:
- Form 990x (990, 990-EZ, 990-PF): TY2016v1.0
- Form 1120-POL: TY2016v1.0
- Form 990-N: TY2016v1.0
- Form 8868: TY2016v1.0
Tax Year 2015 Schema Versions:
- Form 990x (990, 990-EZ, 990-PF): TY2015v3.0
- Form 1120-POL: TY2015v2.1 - business rule change page only
- Form 990-N: TY2015v1.1 - business rule change page only
- Form 8868: TY2015v1.1 - business rule change page only
Tax Year 2014 Schema Versions:
- Form 990x (990, 990-EZ, 990-PF): TY2014v.6.0 - business rule change page only
- Form 1120-POL: TY2014v4.0 - business rule change page only
- Form 990-N: TY2014v2.1 - business rule change page only
The schema and business rules for TY2015 and TY2014 will be operational in ATS in November 2016, as well as the TY2016 schema and business rules for 1120-POL, 990-N and 8868. The schema and business rules will be operational in Production in January 2017.
The Form 990x schemas and business rules for TY2016 will not be operational in the current MeF ATS or Production environments. We are currently making updates to the schemas and rules for Processing Year 2017 changes. Updated versions will be posted as they become available.
The schemas are posted by form type and version number. "Diff Files" are included that show the changes from the previous schema versions.
Business Rules are posted, by form type and version number, in two different formats that contain identical information – Adobe (.pdf) and comma separated file (.csv). The rule status column identifies newly added or deleted rules.
- Form 990x: Changes to Schedules A and B.
- Form 8868: Elimination of Part II, Additional 3-month extension.
- Form 990x: Changes to Schedule A and B.
You may contact Tiwana Holland from the Exempt Organization (EO) e-file team on 202-317-8778 for specific questions.