Release Memo November 4, 2015
MeF Exempt Organization Stakeholders:
We have posted Schemas and Business Rules for the EO forms to IRS.GOV for Tax Years 2015 (Processing Year 2016).
Tax Year 2015 Schema Versions:
- Form 990x (990, 990-EZ, 990-PF): TY2015v2.1
- Form 1120-POL: TY2015v2.1
- Form 990-N: TY2015v1.1
- Form 8868: TY2015v1.1
These schemas and business rules will be operational in the current MeF ATS environment on December 14, 2015, and in Production in January 2016.
The schemas are posted by form type and version number. "Diff Files" are included that show the changes from the previous schema versions.
Business Rules are posted, by form type and version number, in two different formats that contain identical information – Adobe (.pdf) and comma separated file (.csv). The rule status column identifies newly added or deleted rules.
- All forms: eFileAttachments.xsd file updated.
- Form 990x: Shared forms deleted (5884-A and 8909) and IRSESPayment.xsd file change.
- Form 1120-POL: Shared forms deleted (5884-A, 8909 and 8913) and IRSESPayment.xsd file change.
You may contact Tiwana Holland from the Exempt Organization (EO) e-file team on 202-317-8778 for specific questions.