Release Memo October 28, 2013
Exempt Organization Software Developers
We have posted updated XML Schemas and Business Rules for the following EO forms for Tax Years 2013 (Processing Year 2014).
Tax Year 2013 Schema Versions
- Form 990 family (990, 990EZ, 990PF) -- TY2013v3.0
- Form 990-N -- TY2013v2.1
- Form 1120-POL -- TY2013v2.1
- Form 8868 -- TY2013v2.1
These changes will be operational in ATS on December 16, 2013 and Production on January 6, 2014.
The schemas are posted by form type and version number. "Diff Files" are included that show the changes from the previous schema versions.
Business Rules are posted, by form type and version number, in two different formats that contain identical information – Adobe (.pdf) and comma separated file (.csv). The rule status column identifies newly added or deleted rules.
- Form 990x (990, 990-EZ, 990PF): efileTypes.xsd, Schedule H, and shared form changes.
- Form 1120POL: efileTypes.xsd and shared form changes.
- Form 990N: efileTypes.xsd
If you have any questions, please contact Tiwana Holland from the EO e-file team (202) 317-8778.