IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Plug-in Conversion Credit at a Glance


You may be eligible for a credit under Section 30B(i), if you converted a vehicle to a qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle before January 1, 2012 and began using it in the year in which you claim the credit. The credit is equal to 10 percent of the cost of the conversion up to $4,000.

More Information

Energy Incentives for Individuals in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

Related Forms

Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit (PDF)

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 23-Nov-2016