The links below provide information and technical guidance for Software Developers and Transmitters who are interested in developing software for the Modernized e-File (MeF) Form 1065/1065-B for Tax Year (TY) 2016. Included are the XML Schemas, Business Rules, Release Memorandum and specific instructions.
Developers and other Authorized IRS e-file Providers can find information on e-filing returns through MeF in the Publication 4163 and Publication 4164. Test Scenarios for 1065 and 1065B can be found on the ATS Updates Page.
XML Schemas, Business Rules and Release Memo - Throughout the year, multiple versions of these documents may be in use at the same time. Special attention should be paid to the Release Memo issue date and the projected start and end dates for Assurance Testing System (ATS) and Production.
Tax Year 2016 Documents
- Tax Year 2016 1065 MeF Accepted Forms and Schedules (updated 05-18-2017)
- Tax Year 2016 1065 MeF Forms Attachment Listing (updated 05-18-2017)
- Tax Year 2016 1065 MeF Return Due Dates
- Tax Year 2016 Stylesheets: MeF Stylesheets
- Known e-file Issues and Solutions (updated 07-11-2017)
|Version||Available Date||ATS Date||Production Date||Comments|
Returns with Form 8975 should not be submitted prior to July 30th, 2017.